INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

September 08, 2010

husband’s friend is a louse

Loma had a perfect marriage until a legal couple, John and Dimi, set up business in the office next door to her husband Frank’s dental surgery and struck up a friendship with him that not only suckered him into ditching his old legal advisers but also drove a wedge between him and Loma – sparking a crisis regarding friendship and marriage, and when to speak up and when to shut up.

“Frank liked J & D so much that I didn’t want to spoil their friendship by telling him that John was a louse for trying to seduce me,” says Loma, “but when John suggested to Frank that there was something dodgy about an inheritance trust I wanted set up for our son I realized that ‘louse’ was not a strong enough word to describe the man my husband calls his new best friend.”

“I couldn’t believe that Frank was actually telling me that John felt that the inheritance trust I wanted set up for our son was suspicious,” says Loma. “I was crushed that he did not have the guts to tell John that our marriage is rock solid and that I would never suggest anything that would benefit myself – the inheritance trust was for our son, not me!”

“Actually, I was crushed that he hadn’t punched John on the nose for insinuating that I was some sort of gold-digger,” cries Loma. “He should have realized that what John was telling him was improper and that he should have dealt with it like a man rather than bringing it home for me to deal with.”

“It looked very much like John was getting revenge on me for rebuffing his unwanted attentions and refusing to socialize with him and his wife,” says Loma. “That he had actually succeeded in driving a wedge between Frank and I was an abominable revenge.”

“I diffused the situation by telling Frank that the inheritance property was a bad idea, better to forget it, and that made him happy,” says Loma, “but now I feel totally insecure in my marriage, believing that John has Frank totally under his thumb and intends to split us up.”

‘No wife wants to interfere in her husband’s friendships,” sighs Loma, “but when that friendship undermines a marriage it is a terrible situation.”

Read more by Loma on this issue:

  • perfect marriage ruined by new friend

  • business and pleasure don’t mix


  • Labels: , ,


    Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival