INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

August 11, 2010

young widow moves forward

By the time Emily had reached the acceptance stage of recovery she wasn't exactly full of joy and happiness and brightness. She had merely come to terms with her husband's death and was neither angry nor sad any more. It was over. It was time to move forward.

"This is the time," says Emily, "if you can afford it, to take a quick vacation to a place where you will be pampered, or can pamper yourself.”

“Wherever we are now, we all need a transitional place to go before returning refreshed and renewed,” says Emily. “Try crossing water, even if it is just a walk over a bridge. Water cleanses the soul. Water is a tremendously powerful and spiritual healer.”

“Get a makeover, buy some new clothes, lose a bit of weight,” advises Emily. “I did all of these things when I had come to terms with Mark's death."

“It is only when you are in acceptance mode - only when you feel good and look good - that you should start thinking about a new man or a new life.”

"I cannot advise how long it will take to go from denial to acceptance - it varies from person to person," explains Emily, "but it will happen. And when I found my new man I took things very slowly because I wanted the new relationship to enrich my life, not burden it."

"I had been through far too much pain to want to get involved with someone with problems," says Emily. "It sounds selfish, I know, but if I had met someone with anything wrong with them I'd walk way. I really didn't believe Mark's illness was so serious - he played it down, and so did his family. Maybe they were in denial, but maybe they just wanted to keep me in the dark."

“Life really does go on. I'm dedicated to my job and I've got a boyfriend now, but I'm nowhere near ready to remarry and maybe never will."

Read more about Emily:

  • till death do us part


  • surviving death of a loved one
  • depression or healthy misery?


  • Labels: , , ,


    Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival