INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

October 01, 2010

gift a blessing and curse

Marjory’s stresses at work and at home, caring for her husband, are related to a gift that is both a blessing and a curse. She has always had an amazing ability to pick up and absorb other people’s energy – an ability that she attributes largely to being an only child – and at first it helped her survive in her job, but now that retirement is looming it seems to be working against her.

“In a primitive age,” explains Marjory, “I would have operated as the tribe's early alarm signal.”

“I would be able to intuit that a hungry bear was approaching and give the tribe a head start,” says Marjory, “and, because of my sensitivity, my children would have had far better survival chances than any of the other children in the tribe – and in fact my gift did help my children get ahead in life.”

“In a modern workplace, however, I am surrounded by bears of a different breed that may not necessarily be hungry for my job but merely suffering some setback at home,” sighs Marjory. “I am not a gossip, and even if I were it would be useless information to warn my close co-workers that Jones in accounts, or Smith in sales, is having a bad day and should be avoided – everyone seems to be having a bad day these days!”

“I'm not usually affected by stress – I put on a good show even when I am stressed,” says Marjory, “and I need to keep myself together because the last thing I want is to become ill and unemployable."

"I’m learning how to throw a shield around myself, and I’m training my intuition to concentrate only on those factors that influence my job survival – and sanity," explains Marjory. "After a lifetime spent absorbing everything, it's difficult to apply a filter but it's something I need to do for my own good.”

“Sometimes, when people are too sensitive, too intuitive, like I am, I think the harshness of today's world can cause them to experience hell on earth.”

Read more by Marjory on this issue:

  • a supersensitive caregiver
  • caregiver dreads retirement
  • A Gifted Aries
  • supersensitive job survival







  • Labels: , , , ,


    Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival