INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

July 25, 2007

a mercurial gemini

Pandora is a call centre supervisor - a job that is very much in keeping with her Gemini personality - and her partner, Sue-Ellen, was once one of the call centre girls that Pandora supervised. Since living together, Sue-Ellen was promoted to become Pandora's personal assistant and their combined incomes make them a very wealthy couple.

"I think finding love at work is the most natural thing on earth," laughs Pandora, "and when you work in a high turnover industry like a call-centre I knew it was only a matter of time before my soulmate turned up. And no, I'm not strictly lesbian. My soulmate could have been a girl or a boy."

"You see," laughs Pandora, "I'm a Gemini and although I'm intelligent enough to know that daily horoscopes are are largely manufactured drivel I believe that there must be some truth to astrology because I am exactly like what Geminis are supposed to be like."

"I met my partner, Sue-Ellen, in the very week my 26th birthday horoscope told me that I would meet my soul-mate," says Pandora. "Sue-Ellen applied for a job and I knew straight away that she was the one for me."

Because of this amazing coincidence, Pandora believes that her lesbian partnership has the blessing of the universe.

"Sue-Ellen and I have been together now for six months and I want to have a wedding ceremony - the works," laughs Pandora, "and everyone at the call-centre will be there. We are one big happy family at work and everyone is happy for us."

Before meeting Sue-Ellen, Pandora's life was consumed with the search for her perfect soul-mate. Male or female didn't matter.

"Geminis are supposed to roam the universe, or this astral plane, looking for a twin, their missing other half," explains Pandora, "and while I never traveled I always looked for love among the people at work."

"Also, Geminis often get into trouble because they end up with a fraternal twin rather than one of the same sex as themselves," adds Pandora, "and I am full of wonder for astrology because it appears to legitimize my bi-sexual nature."

Sue-Ellen agrees that the best way to get along with Pandora, and get ahead at work, is to think like her - to become her twin.

"Learning to think and act like a Gemini is not an easy task," laughs Sue-Ellen. "She really is the most versatile person I've ever met and makes most mortals giddy just listening to her or keeping up with her. She never stops."

"The moon and the sign of Cancer govern the financial affairs of Geminis," says Sue-Ellen, "so they are liable to periods of waxing and waning coffers, but overall Pandora always lands butter-side-up and is a very lucky gambler."

"I am sensitive about money," says Pandora. "Geminis can start up a business, make a fortune or lose it, and start all over again with the exact same result, but I have never ventured outside paid employment. I often consider it, though."

"Arguing with Pandora is a waste of time," says Sue-Ellen, "and that's supposed to be typical of Geminis, too. Pandora is incredibly proud of what she knows. And she knows a lot about her profession, particularly who's who in the communications world."

"I am definitely a communicative person," laughs Pandora. "If I'm not talking, I'm asleep!"

Geminis are noted for having minds like sponges, and Pandora admits that most of what she knows is superficial knowledge, but she does have an amazing ability to talk as if she knows what she's talking about. And when Pandora talks, she is a queen and demands the floor. She has a beautiful voice and great presentation skills. Pandora explains that this has something to do with sun-ruled Leo in the Gemini communication sector.

"Also, Geminis have Venus-ruled Libra in their affections sector which makes us notorious flirts, charmingly laid-back and incredibly 'nice' people," adds Pandora. "I always say good-morning and stop to chat with everyone at work - even the janitor. I make a point to ask everyone about his or her children, and I remember all of their names."

Pandora admits that she's not a very good bet for a romantic liaison because she can be hot one day, cold the next. Before Sue-Ellen came into her life she was involved with a guy at work and when the relationship cooled she fired him.

Sue-Ellen isn't worried that Pandora will tire of her one day. "I'm her soul mate," confides Sue-Ellen, "and I'm a Taurus, steady as a rock."

When it comes to work, Geminis just cannot be beaten for sheer determination and output and that's how Pandora got to be made a supervisor.

"I have a killer instinct for work and getting things done," says Pandora. "I can move mountains at lightning speed and I expect everyone in my team to be similarly hard working."

Geminis have Pluto ruled Scorpio in their work sector, and she can be extremely cunning and cruel when she wants to get the goods on someone at work.

"Yes," laughs Pandora, "I'm a great sleuth and I keep a close watch on my team. I have installed listening devices, spy cameras and other little tricks to catch my team napping or behaving unethically at work. Sue-Ellen doesn't know half of the things I get up to!"

Geminis are supposed to be forgiving and reasonably fair-minded, providing sufficient regret and sorrow is expressed, but Pandora is very selective on forgiveness.

"Perhaps this comes from having erratic Uranus ruling Aquarius in my law and order sector," explains Pandora. "I forgive when it suits me, but I never forgive ex-lovers. If a lover displeases me, they're dead meat and too bad if they lose their jobs!"

"What I really like about Pandora is that she doesn't stand on ceremony and actually believes that Jack can be as good as his Master," says Sue-Ellen.

"Yes," agrees Pandora. "I do appreciate talent in my team and I will allow it to shine. I think this trait is very much in tune with the Gemini 'twin' seeking trait."

"My ideal twin, or employee," says Pandora, "is someone who thinks like a Gemini but possess the exact talents and qualities that I lack. I am talkative and Sue-Ellen is a good listener. I am flighty and Sue-Ellen is stable. We make a great team don't we?"

Because of dreamy Neptune ruled Pisces in their tenth house of ambitions, Geminis often have a nebulous air about them and very often find fame and fortune overseas or in areas dealing with water.

"I've never traveled and I can't swim," laughs Pandora, "but I am very attracted to exotic people and I adore the fish-tank at work. I can sit there for hours watching the fish swimming around without exactly knowing why I'm fascinated by it."

Pandora also admits that she often concentrates so much on her right hand that she does not know what her left hand is doing, and feels that she can be deceptive to herself as well as others.

Sue-Ellen not only accepts these traits in Pandora, but loves them!

Another trait in others that Pandora appreciates is assertion.

"I feel that I am often too nice for my own good," says Pandora, "and I need someone around who can act like the boss when I just want to be 'nice'."

Pandora always uses a loyal fall guy to stick his or her head out for her, knowing that it will get chopped off - hardly a 'nice' trait, but it certainly does allow her to look 'nice'.

"Sue-Ellen makes a good minder for me," laughs Pandora. "She's a big girl, solid and tough and frightens people!"

Aries ruled Mars in their house of friendship means that Geminis are often combative towards people, or attract combative associates.

"Yes," muses Pandora, "I suppose this is true. I get along well with Leos and Libras. They are tough yet charming people, but I have never been attracted to them as a 'twin' because they are too full of their own importance. Too pushy for me. Taurus people like Sue-Ellen are just tough!"

Sue-Ellen, the rock-solid pragmatist, looks like the 'butch' or the male element in this relationship, and yet Pandora is decidedly the leader, the boss.

They are both proud to admit to their lesbian love, but their private life together is very much private. If they get along as well together at home as they do at work, then their relationship is likely to be as lasting - if not more so - as that of a heterosexual couple.

"We complement each other, we need each other. We're in this for keeps," asserts Sue-Ellen.

"Of course, we are," agrees Pandora. "We've been together now for six months, and that's a record for me, so this is definitely the real thing."

"Whoever says that love at work should be avoided at all costs should spend some time here," laughs Pandora. "Just about everyone who works here has had some romantic involvement with a supervisor, boss or co-worker. I can't imagine a place where it doesn't happen."

(Pandora's story first appeared as soul mates meet at work and is reprinted with permission.)


Labels: , , , , , ,


Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival