INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

January 10, 2007

walls with ears and eyes!

Lynette, 19, is a highly intuitive young woman, living at home, who senses ears and eyes in walls that others look at blankly.

"Before finding my present job I attended about thirty job interviews -- five of which spooked me because I sensed I was being monitored by someone outside the room," says Lynette. "As far as I know there is no law against this sort of thing happening, but for someone like me who is sensitive to intrusions of privacy the experience is unsettling and prejudices my ability to perform well at the interview."

"Actually," laughs Lynette, "once I sense a hidden camera or a spy screen at a job interview I just don't want the job. I play to the 'hidden' person and get a laugh out of the experience rather than allowing it to upset me."

"The first time I sensed I was being spied on at a job interview was at a crucial third interview with a large electronics company -- after coming in twice for tests and preliminary chats with the HR officer."

"The guy who was interviewing me acted stiffly for a while and then relaxed -- as if he knew that the person spying on us had seen and heard what he wanted to," explains Lynette. "This confirmed my suspicions and when the door opened and another guy walked in I knew he was the eye in the wall!"

"I felt violated and asked outright whether the interview was monitored and the two guys looked at each other uncomfortably and then the spy turned to me with a sneer and said 'are you paranoid or something?'"

"Of course he would say that," laughs Lynette. "Putting someone down for catching you out is the automatic response of a liar."

"The second time was at a job interview with a hospital," laughs Lynette. "I was shown into a waiting room with a two-way mirror that was so blatantly obvious that I actually went up to it and made silly faces for the amusement of the spy behind it! When the interviewer walked in I made an excuse and left."

"The third time I sensed I was being monitored at a job interview was when I went for a job with a small financial company and was interviewed in a board room."

"A lady interviewed me and all went well until she gave me some tests to perform and left the room," explains Lynette. "As soon as she left the room I was overcome with a horrible feeling -- a sense that a group of people were tearing me apart. I wrote a lot of silly answers on the first page of the test and then I walked out."

"The fourth time involved another small financial company," says Lynette. "The wife of the owner of the company -- and the company accountant -- conducted the interview but I knew her husband was in the room even though I couldn't see him. I got on very well with the wife and the accountant and I was prepared to ignore the husband's weirdness for the sake of getting the job but I didn't get the job -- so I should have followed my initial reaction which was to walk out."

"The fifth time it happened was at one of those panel interviews for a low-paying government job," says Lynette. "Everyone was seated in a strange arrangement around a long table and when I went to sit where I wanted to sit I was told to sit somewhere else -- facing a wall in which a small camera hole was quite transparent to me, but probably nobody else."

"I had traveled a fair distance for this interview and had done a lot of background work for it," explains Lynette, "and I was mortified that a government agency would stoop to doing this sort of thing without my permission. I would have had no objection to being filmed had my permission been requested -- but it hadn't -- and consequently I no longer wanted the job. Knowing I was being filmed I put on an Oscar performance and had a great deal of fun asking them tricky questions -- and at the end of the interview I told them that on the basis of their answers I didn't feel the job was right for me."

"I came out of that interview feeling triumphant," laughs Lynette.

"The job I finally got was through a straight interview with a straight interviewer," says Lynette. "I sensed nothing weird was going on behind the scenes and nothing was."

"I've had this uncanny ability to intuit eyes and ears in walls ever since I was a little girl," explains Lynette. "I feel very ashamed to admit it but the first time I sensed I was being spied on was when I was about to steal a toy out of a classmate's locker. I must have been about six years old and I don't know whether I even knew at that age that taking things that weren't mine was a bad thing to do -- but I must have had an inkling because I clearly remember stopping what I was about to do when I sensed I was being watched."

"I asked 'who' s there?' and looked around but nobody was to be seen," says Lynette. "I don't know if my school had cameras but it probably must have -- how else could I have sensed that someone was watching me?"

"When I reflect upon that incident it makes me feel that a highly developed intuition is something that professional thieves must have in order to escape capture!"

"Who knows," laughs Lynette, "maybe I missed my true vocation - but I'm only kidding of course. I don't have a criminal mind -- I just sense eyes and ears in walls."

"I think we were all born with this survival skill but lost it due to being told too many times we're imagining things or being paranoid," says Lynette. "I'm lucky that my parents didn't stifle me in this respect because without that skill I would have been taken advantage of lots of times."

Labels: , , , , ,


Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival