INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

August 29, 2012

nice guys get taken fast!


Neve is 17 and her decision to get a guy first, and think about a career later, is influenced somewhat by what her mother told her - but she’s smart enough to see for herself that girls who wait too long often end up sad and lonely.

For Neve, Mr Right and Happy Ever Afters is not a myth!

"Young women under 20 have the greatest advantage in the marital stakes," says Neve, "and, knowing this, I'm far more interested in finding a guy than finding a job - and I have my mother’s blessing."

"I'm doing a secretarial course right now but my main activity is socializing," laughs Neve.

"In the old days, this socializing used to be called making a debut - getting to see and be seen by eligible young men," explains Neve. "And nothing has changed in this respect - you've got to be out there!"

"These days, though," says Neve, "the competition is much fiercer to get the nice guys."

Neve feels that with the right makeup, hair-do and clothes, just about any woman can make herself look attractive, but because the ratio between the number of nice guys looking for a partner and the number of attractive women wanting a partner is getting wider each year, the competition to catch a nice guy has become more difficult than ever.

"Youth is the edge that I have over other women," laughs Neve, "and I'm using it to my advantage. I can't afford to wait. By 21 I will be too old."

Neve is aware that more and more highly educated, successful and attractive women are being forced to accept partners that are way out of their league in every respect.

"This is the ultimate price many women pay for waiting too long to find a partner - or delaying their personal needs in favor of pursuing academic qualifications and a career," explains Neve.

"Going for cosmetic surgery or a charm school to gain an advantage does not necessarily improve a woman’s chances either," says Neve. "Once we've lost our youth, it's gone forever."

"Most nice guys just want a nice girl," explains Neve, "and by nice, men usually mean young."

"Although enhancements may give a woman an extra edge in the initial selection process," says Neve, "I feel that this advantage is often not worth the time, expense, pain and effort of it all."

"Youth is something you can’t buy with a scalpel or find at charm school, and it doesn’t come in a bottle, either!"

Neve, like most young women, wants to get a guy with ‘everything’ and live happily ever after.

"I am willing to devote all of my energy and time on finding a nice guy," says Neve. "I'm in a hurry because I won't be young forever!"

Young girls like Neve are likely to get callous about searching for a guy because they consider themselves to be such great catches. They are young and beautiful and get a lot of older men chasing them but they do not necessarily always attract the type of guy they want.

Neve is aware that young men are not as amenable to marriage as they once were, and a lot of them are becoming more attracted to a gay lifestyle than a straight lifestyle.

"It’s a choice these days," she says, "and it’s a choice for girls, too."

Because Neve plans to have children early in life, and doesn’t want to be left on the shelf with her biological clock ticking away, she is very focused on what she wants in a guy.

"I'm not callous," says Neve, "but it is necessary to be very focused in the selection process. I don’t want to waste time with guys who may be attractive but are unsuitable for marriage."

"Good looks really don’t figure highly in my selection criteria," explains Neve. "By 'everything’, I mean everything I want and a marriage-minded guy is top of my selection list."

Neve is beautiful and charming enough to meet, fall in love with and marry every woman’s idea of the ‘perfect’ guy, but she is acutely aware that the only marriage-minded men out there are guys who do not fit into the ‘perfect’ pattern.

"They are often out of the ‘perfect’ age range - either far too old or far too young," explains Neve, "or they are out of the ‘perfect’ height range - generally a lot shorter than the average girl. Or they are out of the ‘perfect’ socio-economic range - either uneducated or unemployed."

"I am not too fussed about a guy’s age or height or education," says Neve, "but I do insist on a guy being in secure employment."

She is also acutely aware that a lot of guys have a myriad of problems that turn most girls off - they may smoke, be disabled, be divorced, be of a different race, color, religion, etc.

"I am not going to discriminate on these factors," says Neve. "I'd rather a guy be free of problem issues, but if he's otherwise 'perfect' for me I am willing to accept differences and I won't be looking to change a guy once I marry."

"My mother has many female friends who have brilliant marriages with less than ‘perfect’ men," says Neve. "There’s a female lawyer with a disabled husband, and a female doctor with a truck driver husband. If the guy is really nice, securely employed and wants marriage, then these differences don't matter."

"Basically," says Neve, "if a guy is supportive of my happiness and wellbeing, adores me and wants what I want out of life - a happy and secure family life - then there is nothing degrading about accepting a guy who is less than ‘perfect’."

Because of her open heartedness - which others may call lack of discretion - Neve is the most popular girl in town with the guys. They know she wants to be married, and she’s not short of offers.

The most likely guy to win her heart is the guy who lives next door - and isn’t that always the case?


Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival