INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

August 27, 2012

role model friendships

Libby is a young single working mom whose most enjoyable male friendship had been with Toby, a guy she had gone to school with and grown up with - and by default had became a role model father figure in her children's lives - but when Toby got online their friendship changed dramatically into an e-relationship which interfered with her work.

"I still care about him, of course," says Libby, "but I just didn't want to get involved in an e-mail correspondence with him again and I didn't want my private life brought into my working environment like this."

"Had he taken the trouble to break the ice by telephoning me or visiting me," explains Libby, "this story may have had a happier ending."

"My kids were very fond of Toby," sighs Libby, "and often asked about him during the year in which he never contacted us. I didn't want to put them through all that misery again."

"Getting online had changed Toby and I prefer to remember him as his was not what he had become."

"I have my children and my real life friends, and I don't want or need cyber friends," says Libby. “Also, remaining in focus and on the ball at work is vital for my family’s survival – I don’t want to be interrupted at work by people who couldn’t be bothered to BE in my life for me.”

"I have a sisterly type relationship with many men who are happy to act as role models for my children, and nothing else," explains Libby. "Toby was that type of friend, and could have been more, but he let us down badly."

"If he ever gives up his net addiction and becomes a human being again I may give him another chance," muses Libby, "but judging by his last e-mail that scenario is highly unlikely - he appears to be more hooked than ever."

Read more by Libby on this issue:


  • real-life friendship dies online


  • ideal couple split by net


  • Facebook friend mining


  • Facebook friends






  • Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival