INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

August 01, 2007

tune in and tune out

Martine is 30, has a masters degree in computer science, and a fantastic job, but she knows that her success has more to do with inner guidance than qualifications and because she strongly believes in tuning in and tuning out she still lives at home, not out of need but because she really appreciates being part of a loving family environment.

"The world is a crazy place," laughs Martine, "and living at home grounds me like nothing else can."

"Listening to your intuition, and acting on it," says Martine, "is a vital skill if you want to get ahead. I’m not a Pollyanna and I couldn’t work for a Pollyanna company like the one I quit a while ago.”

“I always listen to my intuition and act upon it,” explains Martine. “Sometimes the early signs of trouble are very difficult to pick up if you are not thoroughly in tune with your inner guidance, and that’s why it’s so important to be grounded in your personal life.”

"In my previous job my co-workers chose to ignore the signs not so much because they were afraid of rocking the boat, losing their job or precipitating an argument with the CEO," explains Martine, "but because they were afraid that if they spoke out or acted on their feelings the CEO would make them look like an idiot, call them disloyal or rave on even more about his wonderful product."

"When my co-workers rationalized their feelings," sighs Martine, "their behavior became as bizarre as the CEO’s and I felt like I was like working in a madhouse."

When people are acting in a bizarre manner, it’s time to get moving," says Martine, “and if more women used their intuition, there would be more of us with six-figure salaries!"

Read more by Martine on this issue:


  • the bizarre boss
  • tune out the pollyannas


  • Labels: , , , , , , ,


    Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival