INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

October 05, 2008

perfect tolerance


Steffi considers herself to be perfect in every way -- and, in truth, she is a beautiful young woman, well-spoken, calm, and seemingly without any human imperfection -- but she does have massive trouble coming to grips with the imperfections of others; the showing of which is anathema to her, considering it rude, so she has had to develop another ‘perfection’ in order to survive in an imperfect world. It’s called tolerance.

“Mainly I am disgusted by fat people, women who breastfeed in public, smokers, foreigners, old people and disabled people,” admits Steffi, “and then comes drinkers.”

“I am disgusted by drinkers -- I don’t understand why people need alcohol, a poison, to make them feel good, but they seem to enjoy it and even though the sight, sound and smell of drunken people makes me feel ill, I can tolerate it, as long they don’t drive.”

“I am disgusted by litterbugs and graffiti artists -- I don’t understand why people would want to spoil the environment by throwing rubbish everywhere, or defacing buildings with their scribbles, it’s visually disturbing but I can live with it.”

“I am disgusted by people who drive SUVs or any vehicle, really, especially for short journeys when they should be walking or cycling (especially if they’re overweight). I jog, I hate inhaling toxic exhaust fumes -- isn’t the environment polluted enough? And yet, they seem to enjoy it, I can wear a mask if I have to, I can tolerate it.”

“I am disgusted by smelly people, cheap perfume, bad breath, body odor -- I don’t understand why people can’t smell their own foul odors, but because they can’t, or don’t consider themselves to be offensive, I can tolerate them and be courteous to them -- ditto above.”

“I am disgusted by people with bad dress sense, bad color coordination, bad accessorizing, bad haircuts and makeup -- and bling, body piercing and tattoos turn me cold. I don’t understand why people deface their bodies, overdress, underdress or wear offensive clothing, but because they do, and probably think they look good then I can tolerate them -- ditto above.”

“I am disgusted by swearers and loud people -- I don’t understand why people need to swear, shout, use their cell phones incessantly, or play music to ear splitting levels in order to express themselves, but they do, and seem to enjoy it, and even though my ears are being assaulted I can tolerate it as long as I can move away or get some reprieve. Same thing for crying babies.”

“So far I have listed people who offend my senses -- who look, smell or sound offensive, or are doing something that offends my eyes, nose or ears,” explains Steffi. “I am similarly offended, but not quite so often, thankfully, by people with bad manners, bad attitudes and evil, corrupt or manipulative personalities; and I am doing my best to tolerate these people, too.”

“Being tolerant does not mean condoning what they do,” explains Steffi. “Our society has a legal system and enforcement officers to bring criminals to justice, everything else is just a matter of personal taste.”

Read more by Steffi on this issue:





  • disgusted by foreign people?





  • disgusted by fat people?





  • disgusted by breast-feeding?





  • overcoming disgust of different people





  • disgusted by older workers!





  • perfect tolerance of smokers




  • Labels: , , ,


    Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival