INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

August 10, 2013

I don’t want to sell my house!

Sonia, 56, is facing having to sell her house and take early retirement due to sporadic work opportunities and mounting debts.

“It is a sad irony of owning a home that you may spend your whole life working to pay it off, only to be forced to sell it in order to fund your retirement,” says Sonia. “At the very time in your life when you can sit back and appreciate the joys of having a home of your own, you have to sell it – crazy!”

“I won’t be able to purchase another home after I’ve paid off my debts,” explains Sonia, “so the real estate agent who sells my empty nest will need to help me find a small apartment to rent, so I won't be homeless.”

“Bearing in mind that empty nesters who sell and buy at the same time are under enormous pressure to find a new place quickly to avoid bridging finance and bridging accommodation, those who have been forced to sell are spared that stress,” says Sonia, “but I’m not looking forward to a retirement in rental accommodation.”

“I try to take on board the philosophy that everything happens for a reason, and that once I conquer my emotional fears I will be able to accept that being forced into selling my empty nest is going to turn out right for me.”

‘Without the pressure to sell, I might languish in my empty nest for years, if not for the rest of my life, and miss out on a new start,” muses Sonia. “So, the universe may be doing me a good turn - in a roundabout way - and only when I am out of the empty nest and planning a new life in retirement will I appreciate that seemingly bad things are not altogether bad.”

As much as Sonia can understand the spiritual reasons for her dilemma, it is nevertheless cold comfort for her as she sits in her empty nest with a pile of bills fearing a repossession order.

She’s right in believing that being forced to give up something we love is not the best way to achieve results - but when it is the only way to get out of debt then there's only one thing to do. Grit your teeth, and do it.

"I do trust in the universe," says Sonia, "I know it will look after me, but right now I’m praying more for a temp job or a lottery win than for the courage I need to put my beloved home on sale and get rid of these bills."

Read more of Sonia's story:



  • menopausal moves



  • Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival